Here are the steps I followed for setting up my Raspberry Pi 2 model B:
- Download the operating system
I didn’t use noobs.
- The default login credentials are:
- You can find configuration information at:
The config command is:
- Setup the new passwords
- Configure the router of your network to assign the same IP address to the Pi, using its MAC address
- Check the disk space
- Install the VPN
- Install webmin
- Add a new theme for webmin
- Create a shared folder
- Change the SSH port:
This is the basic configuration for a Raspberry PI which will handle VPN connections and serve a shared folder for documents on its local drive.
New versions of raspbian require creating a file named ‘ssh’ with no extension, in order to have ssh access enabled.